Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Tobe Hooper's "Mortuary" (2006) - movie review




Dang. Tobey has really fucking
fallen apart. It makes "The Mangler" and "Crocodile" look like
"Poltergeist" and "Lifeforce". Salt to kill the zombies? Did we really need CG for the "hand bursts through the chest" effect? Doesn't that cost like 25$ to pull off with good ol' practical effects?

It was nice to see Tasha Yar in a starring roll though. Was this the kind of movies she left ST:TNG to focus on? Between this and "Eliminators" I think I've seen the twin jewels in the crown that is Denise Crosby's acting career.

final score - 2 out of 10 fucking Oscars. The Oscars are just because they re-used part of the set from TCMII and (spoiler I guess...)Denise
Crosby gets killed by a shape shifting oozing black mud monster, yet again. I wonder how stoked she was about that when she read that part of the script? "Oh OK. This again? I guess that's what people like to see me do...". I guess there is something to be said for making a living getting aced by a third tier baddy from the monster manual. Black Pudding indeed...

now listening to -
Asei Kobayashi & Micky Yoshino - "Hausu" OST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home